Monday, July 27, 2009

Very Special Dinner

Well Friday Night we went out for a very special dinner at Cafe Gratitude in Berkeley. It was amazing. The family style dining was a lot of fun, and actually great with a child there. There were plenty if coloring books for Aiden to color in, and a laid back atmosphere that made it easy to relax in. Now the food was amazing. The offer the option of 100% raw vegan as well as other Vegan options. They are very flexible with ingredients that was not pre-made, and use flavors that are out of this world. The first item was an appetizer plate, which unfortunately we devoured before I could even take a picture. Then there were the entrees....



This is there Deep Dish Pizza, that is made on a dehydrated herb dough, with a macadamia nut cheese sauce and marinara sauce and pesto. It was amazing. I know I keep using that word, but I guess after the labor intensive week of preparing these dishes myself it was a nice break to have them made for me while I just sat and enjoyed.



The two dishes above are the Enchilada plate, one is totally raw and vegan (that is the one I had) and the other is vegan but not totally raw (our table mates ordered that and were kind enough to allow me to take pictures). I can not even begin to explain how good these were. It was like biting into a real Enchilada, and sauce was amazing (there goes that darn word again).

And Finally......Deseart....Wow, ok, now I could not believe that all the items below were 100% raw and vegan. They were (here we go again with this word) AMAZING!!! Aiden ate a chocolate Mouse and a piece of the shortcake. I was really amazed at these creations, and now that know they do take out!!! I might be visiting there a couple more times mod week for a break from the kitchen!!!



Well that is all for now....I am ready to star counting down the days to cooked food again, but a least, this has been a great little detour on this cleanse that wont soon forget!!

No comments:

Post a Comment